Tummy Tuck Recovery Tips
Tummy Tucks refer to procedures that tighten sagging abdominal skin. These types of surgeries are especially popular with women who have seen significant loosening along their abdominal walls that cannot be fully tightened with exercise.
For many mothers, tummy tucks are a perfect option for targeting sagging tissue in their abdominal regions. Many women see natural sagging after childbirth, which proves quite hard to minimize, even with the most expertly-administered liposuction and intense dieting.
Recovery After Tummy Tuck: Tummy Tuck Recovery Tips
Because of how demanding tummy tucks are on gastrointestinal systems, it is absolutely vital that all patients follow their surgeon’s instructions during recovery after a tummy tuck. Failure to do so may result in medical complications that require emergency care and slow healing after a tummy tuck.
Among our top tummy tuck recovery tips, please note the following advice:
- Watch What You Eat & Drink: Your surgeon will give you specific instructions for your tummy tuck recovery including approved postoperative meals and beverages. Generally, as you heal from a tummy tuck procedure, you should refrain from eating large portions or food that is hard to digest. Once you can start eating solid food again, usually a 2-3 days after your procedure, start eating soft foods that are rich in essential vitamins and minerals.
- Limit physical activity: While you’re healing from a tummy tuck, avoid strenuous exercises including aerobics, cardio, running, lifting, and especially abdominal exercises.
- Don’t be too sedentary: While limiting physical exertion is one important tummy tuck recovery tip, you should also maintain some degree of physical activity, even if it is just taking a walk around your home or postoperative care facility as this can help blood circulation and limit blood clots.
- Wear support garments: Your surgeon may require you to wear support garments during your tummy tuck recovery that are very similar to Spanx. Ensure you wear these as instructed and do not remove until you are instructed to do so by your surgeon.
- Avoid infection: While showering for the first 3-4 days of your tummy tuck recovery is not recommended, it is still important that the incision site stay clean. Gently clean and keep any incision areas dry to avoid potential bacterial infections.
- Stay regular: A lesser known tummy tuck recovery tip involves keeping your bowel movements as regular as possible during tummy tuck recovery. Keep a healthy diet rich in natural fiber as being constipated can strain your abdominal muscles and your gastrointestinal system. If you experience constipation, consult a physician before taking any stool softeners or laxatives.
Seek Professional Postoperative Care For Your Tummy Tuck Recovery
While recovering at home as you heal from your tummy tuck procedure is possible, many people who undergo a tummy tuck find that recovery tips only get them so far. Most patients’ family and friends simply aren’t equipped to provide the level of attentive care that medical professionals can provide.
Therefore, we recommend seeking professional nurses and the best postoperative recovery facility possible.
Plan Your Stay with Pearl Recovery
Pearl Recovery Retreat is the top post-surgical care facility in Los Angeles. We combine innovative medical expertise with an unparalleled level of luxury, pampering each and every patient as they recover from a variety of cosmetic and medical procedures.
If you’re planning a tummy tuck in the near future, plan your stay with us. Contact us online to book your stay and heal from your tummy tuck in peace.