Thyroidectomies are common procedures used to treat thyroid cancer, thyroid enlargement, hyperthyroidism, and other conditions in the thyroid, a small gland located at the base of your throat. Though thyroidectomies are relatively simple procedures, there is always a risk of complications and long-term side effects, especially if proper healing and recovery procedures are not observed.
Whether undergoing a partial or complete thyroidectomy, it is essential to ensure your aftercare. At Pearl Recovery Retreat & Wellness, we help you stay healthy and relaxed during the postoperative period. Our goal is to help your thyroidectomy recovery go as smoothly and quickly as possible, from five5-star hotel amenities to wound care, nourishing personalized juice cleanses, and restorative hyperbaric chamber treatments.
Thyroidectomy Recovery Process & Timeline
Your thyroid surgery recovery timeline will depend on many factors, including your age and the type of surgery received (i.e., conventional or endoscopic). Some side effects and lifestyle changes to expect during thyroid surgery recovery include:
- Limited use of your neck muscles for up to a week.
- Eating soft foods for up to a week to avoid exacerbating your neck pain.
- Time off from work and strenuous activity for up to two weeks while you heal.
- Inconvenience during showering and baths as you attempt to keep your wound dry.
- Staying at the surgery clinic for six hours or more after your surgery in case of complications.
- Temporary low blood calcium levels can lead to a host of physical and psychological discomfort but can be averted with prescribed calcium supplements.
- Voice changes and difficulty speaking for up to two weeks after surgery. In major cases, there’s a slight possibility this will become permanent after thyroidectomy surgery.
Beyond Basic Nursing Care
As a luxury postoperative care retreat, we offer so much more than just individualized nursing care. Start your thyroid surgery recovery process in the most peaceful way possible by booking private transportation to take you from your surgery clinic to your Pearl Recovery Retreat & Wellness suite.
During your stay, we will help implement your doctor’s recommendations for diet and wound care. Should you desire additional healing services, you can partake in our nutrient-rich IV therapy sessions and personal 24-hour concierge service to ensure your thyroid surgery recovery is as peaceful as possible.
Book Your Stay at Pearl Recovery Retreat & Wellness
Recovery is about much more than just rest. A brief stay at Pearl Recovery Retreat & Wellness can do wonders for your mental and physical health during your thyroid surgery recovery. Settle for nothing less than the best postoperative treatment that Beverly Hills has to offer. Contact us today to reserve a room for your thyroidectomy recovery.