Breast Lift Recovery
For many women, breast lift surgery can lead to a healthier self-image and improved confidence. As with all surgeries, however, a successful, restorative healing process is key to ensuring that you reap the procedure’s full benefits. The breast lift recovery care program at Pearl Recovery Retreat & Wellness provides you with individualized, specialized care that makes surgery recovery significantly more comfortable and safe. With our experienced recovery nursing staff’s help, you can focus on resting and giving yourself the best breast lift surgery recovery possible.
What to Expect From Breast Lift Recovery
As with all major surgeries, breast lifts come with potential side effects and a specific healing period timeline during which you will not be functioning at tip-top shape. You can expect to experience some changes to your normal comfort levels and lifestyle, including:
- Pain: You will likely feel pain around your incision sites for one-two weeks. Receiving a pain medication prescription during your breast lift surgery recovery is not uncommon.
- Swelling and Bruising: You will feel discomfort around your incision sites for about two weeks after surgery and may experience redness and/or bruising for a few months during the recovery process. Numbness in the breast area may last until six weeks after the procedure.
- Gauze and Surgical Support Bra: Your doctor may recommend wearing special recovery bras, gauze, and/or surgical tape for up to four weeks to prevent infection.
- Drainage Tubes: You may be fitted with drainage tubes at the incision site. These tubes will typically be removed within a few days after surgery.
- Stitches: Some types of stitches will dissolve independently, but others will need to be removed by your doctor a week or two after the procedure.
- Scarring: Scarring is an inevitable part of breast lift recovery, but your scars should become lighter as time goes on if allowed to heal properly. Most breast lift scars are relatively inconspicuous, depending on your surgeon’s incision points.
- Reduced Sun Exposure and Exercise: To minimize scarring, it’s recommended that you keep your surgery site away from the sun until you are completely healed. You should also avoid strenuous activity for about six weeks, though daily walks should be scheduled to avoid blood clots.
- Risk of Complications: Complications such as infection and blood clots are possible, but proper breast lift surgery recovery can help reduce that risk.
Luxury Amenities for Optimal Healing
Located near the best L.A. surgeons and hospital, Pearl Recovery Retreat & Wellness is dedicated to providing safe and confidential postoperative care to patients in a tranquil and pampering environment. During your stay, you will continue your recovery plan by providing you expert breast lift recovery tips and allowing your doctor to visit you or by calling our concierge to book private transportation to all your post-op appointments.
During your recovery, our 24-hour team of all-female nursing staff will assist you with breast lift recovery tasks ranging from gauze changes to personal grooming, which can become more difficult due to your limited range of movement. You’ll also have access to optional recovery regimens, including nourishing juice cleanses and our in-house, restorative hyperbaric oxygen chamber therapy (HBOT) treatments.
Plan Your Stay With Pearl Recovery Retreat & Wellness
Pearl Recovery Retreat & Wellness is the leading surgery recovery center referred by L.A. doctors. Please inquire about our aftercare rates and services by contacting us or filling out our online form.