Sinus Surgery Recovery Tips
About Sinus Surgeries
Sinus surgeries may be necessary for a number of reasons. The most common of which includes the clearing of blockages in sinuses that prevents one from breathing normally. Recovery from sinus surgery requires a dedicated adherence to medical advice. Read our sinus surgery recovery tips for more information on how to enjoy a restorative, quick recovery.
Sinus Surgery Recovery Tips
- Get plenty of rest: Maintaining a healthy sleep schedule will help you to recover faster. However, do not lie flat on your back. We recommend raising your head on a few pillows as this can help reduce swelling. You may start sleeping on your side and belly within a month after your procedure.
- Get a good amount of exercise: Once you’re ready to start moving around, start walking for 10-15 minutes every 2-3 hours, even if it’s just around your home or post-surgical care facility. Walking helps get your blood flowing improving restorative blood circulation and can help prevent pneumonia and constipation.
- Avoid lifting anything heavy: Try to limit lifting anything heavier than 9 lbs., including children, heavy bags, boxes, and pets as this can exert painful pressure on the surgical site.
- Showering and bathing: While it is generally recommended in sinus surgery recovery tips that you do not clean the surgical site until instructed to do so by a medical professional, you may wash the surrounding areas with lukewarm water. Additionally, avoid swimming for 5-6 weeks or until your physician gives you approval.
- Avoid strenuous exercise: This includes running, biking, lifting weights, and aerobics for at least the first week after your procedure.
- Refrain from driving if you are on pain medication: While you will be able to remove yourself from your prescribed pain medications within 72 hours after surgery, it is recommended that you refrain from driving while taking any sort of pain medication.
- Saline Nasal Wash: Once your packing has been removed, use saline (saltwater) washes to help keep your nasal passages free of bacteria and mucus.
Additional Tips for Sinus Surgery Recovery
While recovery at home is possible, many patients find that their friends, family, and loved ones simply cannot match the level of care required, especially if patients need medical attention throughout their recovery period.
That is why we recommend staying at a postoperative recovery facility staffed by medical experts and post-surgical nurses who can provide 24/7 care.
Stay at Pearl Recovery Retreat
Pearl Recovery Retreat is Los Angeles’ leading postoperative care facility. Headquartered at the luxurious Viceroy L’Hermitage Hotel in the heart of Beverly Hills, Pearl Recovery combines expert medical care with an unmatched level of luxury. Patients can enjoy five-star amenities as they recover from a range of medical and cosmetic surgeries.
If you are considering sinus surgery in the future, we invite you to stay with us. Contact us online to book your restorative stay today.