Mommy Makeover Recovery Timeline
Mommy makeovers are among the most popular and sought-after combination of procedures to address common issues that many women face in the years after pregnancy, childbirth, and nursing.
These surgical techniques, featuring a variety of surgeries employed in tandem, have a comprehensive, all-in-one approach, and are performed together to address the physical changes women experience primarily in their breasts and abdominal regions.
However, the mommy makeover recovery timeline may vary depending on the number of procedures and the type of surgeries performed.
What’s Included in a Mommy Makeover?
What’s a mommy makeover? More specifically, what does a mommy makeover consist of? Procedures typically involved with a mommy makeover surgery include, among others:
The Estimated Mommy Makeover Recovery Timeline
The recovery time associated with mommy makeover surgery is largely dependent on the type and number of surgeries performed. Because of the all-encompassing nature of the typical mommy makeover, recovery can take anywhere between 7 to 10 days, with long term recovery at home lasting several weeks to months.
Many cosmetic surgeons consider these surgeries individually as outpatient procedures, and that recovery at home is fine. However, the multifaceted approach of a mommy makeover can make a recovery timeline fluctuate depending on the number of procedures performed and the level of care and attention paid to physicians’ instructions during postoperative care. Many patients find that friends and families are not able to provide the comprehensive level of care needed to recover effectively during their mommy makeover healing period.
To avoid complications, health risks, or even medical emergencies, it is highly recommended that patients seek the best, professional postoperative recovery care.
While the time it takes to heal from a mommy makeover may fluctuate depending on your procedures and level of postoperative care, many women can expect their mommy makeover recovery timeline to include:
- A 1-3 night stay in a postoperative recovery suite immediately following your procedure. Recovering at a professional care facility will allow you to have experienced medical staff on-hand to mitigate the risk of complications, infections, or medical emergencies.
- 24 -72 Hours of pain medication. Many patients find that they are able to switch to Extra Strength Tylenol after the initial 72 hour post-surgery period. It is important to avoid Aspirin, Advil, and non-steroidal pain medications during your recovery.
- You may return to work within 5 – 10 days.
- You will experience bruising for 1 – 3 weeks.
- You will experience swelling for 2 – 8 weeks.
- For patients who choose to include liposuction amongst their mommy makeover procedures, the liposuction areas will be sensitive, tender, or even numb for 1 – 3 weeks.
- For patients who choose to include breast surgery amongst their procedures, your breasts will be sensitive for 2 – 3 weeks.
- Your stitches may be removed by your surgeon 6 – 8 days after surgery.
- While light walking and lifting may be resumed 1 week after surgery, most surgeons advise their patients not to return to their regular workout routine for 6 weeks.
- DO NOT swim in a pool or the ocean for 3 weeks following surgery.
- DO NOT drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes for at least 2 weeks after surgery.
- Compression garments, including surgical bras for breast surgery patients, must be worn for 3 – 6 weeks after surgery.
- The use of scar cream on your incisions may begin at around 4-6 weeks after surgery.
Please note that this list of what’s included in a mommy makeover is simply a guideline and may change depending on each individual’s surgical and healing process. So if you’re asking “what does a mommy makeover consist of?” remember that it varies from patient to patient.
For more information regarding individual surgery recovery tips and timelines, please visit our Mommy Makeover Recovery Tips, Breast Surgery Recovery Tips, Liposuction Recovery Tips, and Tummy Tuck Recovery Tips pages.
Recovery Amenities and Services Available to You
Pearl Recovery Retreat & Wellness is proud to be an elite postoperative care facility ready to pamper you throughout your mommy makeover recovery.
We offer the following five-star recovery amenities at our location in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles:
- Private suites with ample space for entertaining friends and family
- Private transportation from Pearl Recovery Retreat and Wellness to your surgeon’s office or clinic, and transportation to your home when your stay has ended
- Amenities available, including access to the rooftop patio, pool, fitness center, and gourmet restaurants
- Pet-Friendly facilities so that you may recover with your favorite furry companions
Schedule Your Stay at Pearl Recovery Retreat & Wellness
We want Pearl Recovery Retreat & Wellness to be an oasis of relaxation during your mommy makeover recovery.
Along with our premium amenities, we’re also staffed by an expert team of private duty nurses who may tend to you from the comfort of your own home during your extended mommy makeover recovery in the weeks and months after your procedures to ensure you recover with as much support as possible.
Please note that you will need to book a private duty nurse with as much notice as possible to ensure availability.
If you would like to know more about the expected mommy makeover recovery timeline, or our full range of postoperative recovery services and amenities, please contact us to customize your stay.