Liposuction Surgery Recovery Tips
About Liposuction Surgery
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery intended to remove stubborn fat that diet and exercise cannot address. For this procedure, a cosmetic surgeon typically removes fat from hips, bellies, thighs, backs, arms, buttocks, and even faces to enhance their shape. Liposuction surgery can be done in tandem with other cosmetic procedures such as facelifts, tummy tucks, and breast augmentations.
Liposuction Recovery Tips
- Maintain a healthy diet: Maintaining a healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals, along with regimented portions will ensure you’re on your way to a quick recovery.
- Get moving! As liposuction is a surgery that is not as invasive compared to other procedures, you may start light exercise as soon as your physician approves.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water, natural fruit juices, and healthy drinks to stay hydrated. Avoid carbonated beverages or anything that’s high in sugar.
- Get plenty of rest: To set yourself up for a smooth, quick recovery after liposuction surgery ensure you continually get a full night of sleep and take enough time off of work to fully recover.
- Wear All Post-Surgical Garments: Following your liposuction surgery, you may be instructed to wear a postoperative surgical garment that restricts the surgical area and keeps any post-surgical drains in place. In order to recover as quickly as possible, it is advised that you leave this garment in place until a physician instructs you to remove it.
- Scar care: To avoid excessive scarring, avoid touching and scratching your incision area. However, as your incision site starts to heal, consider applying Vitamin C ointment or other creams that may help diminish the appearance of scarring. Consult with your physician on what types of ointments are appropriate for your surgical site before following this liposuction recovery tip.
Why You Should Get The Best Postoperative Care
Recovering at home is certainly an option available to you; however, many individuals who are healing from liposuction surgery find that friends, family, and loved ones simply cannot match the level of medical care needed during recovery periods.
That is why our number one liposuction recovery tip to anyone who is planning liposuction surgery is to plan their stay at a professional, postoperative care facility.
Visit Pearl Recovery Retreat
Pearl Recovery is the leading postoperative care facility in Los Angeles. We are based in the heart of Beverly Hills, where we combine astute medical expertise with the most luxurious five-star amenities.
If you are planning on receiving liposuction surgery anytime soon, we invite you to stay with us! Contact us online today to plan your restorative stay.