Breast Lift Recovery Tips
Breast lift surgeries are designed to reshape the breasts. Women with sagging breasts, uneven breasts, or downward-pointing nipples may choose to undergo the procedure to attain a more pleasing, rounded breast shape. Breast lifts generally alter the shape but not the size of the breasts. They can, however, be combined with breast augmentation or breast reduction procedures if a size adjustment is desired.
Tips to Get Through Your Breast Lift Surgery Recovery Time
Breast lift surgeries can be daunting, especially if you’re not sure what to expect. The good news is that qualified surgeons will always provide you with lots of breast lift recovery tips designed to help minimize pain, scarring, and other potentially debilitating side effects that occur post breast lift. If you’d like some help during recovery, you can also choose to stay at a professional wellness resort facility designed to monitor and take care of patients just like you.
Are you considering or preparing for a breast lift surgery? Before you go through your procedure, familiarize yourself with all the steps and precautions you’ll have to take for a restful recovery.
- Take Time Off and Get Assistance: You will likely be able to go home a few hours post breast lift, but that doesn’t mean you can go back to work right away. Plan to take at least 1 week off from work to stay at home, rest, and follow through on your surgeon’s breast lift recovery tips. Because it’ll take a few days to get back to a functional range of movement, you should also arrange for family, friends, or a private duty nurse to assist you for at least the first 2-3 days. You can also look into resting at a luxury wellness retreat, like Pearl Wellness, where you will be attended to 24/7 by a talented team of post-op nurses.
- Take Pain Medication as Needed: Pain is most prevalent 2-3 days after your surgery, and you may need pain medication to keep you comfortable. As you go over breast lift recovery tips with your surgeon, ask what pain medication they recommend/can prescribe. Don’t buy pain medications without consulting your doctor first, as certain over-the-counter drugs such as ibuprofen and naproxen can worsen your bleeding.
- Return for Follow-Up Appointments: It’s crucial during your recovery post breast lift that you honor your scheduled visits to the doctor’s office. There, your doctor will help remove drainage tubes, remove stitches, give you new breast lift recovery tips, and check on your healing progress.
- Avoid Strenuous Activity: For the first 1-2 weeks of your breast lift surgery recovery time, your doctor will advise that you avoid fast-paced exercise, especially those that target the chest area or cause your chest to bounce. This even includes sexual activity!
- Walk a Little: Though intense activity should be avoided, you should still get out of bed to do light activities such as walking. This will help you avoid blood clots and constipation in the post breast lift recovery period.
- Sleep Properly: Sleeping on your back is the best way to ensure that your breasts heal as intended post breast lift. Another great breast lift recovery tip is to sleep with your head elevated on 2-3 pillows instead of one, as this will help reduce pain and swelling in your chest area.
- Don’t Tamper with Your Bandages/Drainage Tubes: Yes, it can be uncomfortable to go about your day when you have drainage tubes and/or bandages attached to your surgery site. However, removing them prematurely can get in the way of healing or even reopen your wounds. To speed up your breast lift surgery recovery time, only remove your drainage tubes and bandaging when your doctor instructs you to do so.
- Wear Loose-Fitting Clothing: For about 2 weeks after your surgery, an important breast lift recovery tip to follow is to avoid lifting your arms above your head. This includes when you’re getting dressed! The best clothes to wear are loose-fitting clothes that are easy to put on. Button-up shirts, T-shirts, and cardigans are great options.
- Eat Well and Hydrate: Food is fuel, and getting the proper nutrition is a great way to speed up your breast lift surgery recovery time and keep complications at bay. For example, a post-surgery diet full of protein keeps your muscles strong and aids regrowth, while Vitamin C spurs the production of essential collagen. In the meantime, make sure to avoid caffeine, alcohol, and excessive sugar, as these substances deplete the body of nutrients.
- Practice Sun Protection: This particular breast lift recovery tip applies both to the short-term and the long-term. As you recover, keep your breasts out of the sun, period. After you’ve healed, feel free to go sunbathing but make sure to protect your scars with vitamin E, sunscreen, clothing, and/or special sun protection tape as advised.
Get Professional Post Operative Breast Lift Care
After any breast lift surgery, your daily life will be significantly affected for up to two weeks. Not only will your ability to exercise be impacted, but you may also have difficulty performing standard tasks such as grooming, cooking, and running errands. It can even be hard for you to follow all of the breast lift recovery tips outlined above without help.
Receiving care from loved ones is a great option, but there’s also a possibility that they won’t have the proper knowledge or time to give you the care you need throughout your recovery. That’s why professional postoperative care facilities Like Pearl Wellness exist. At Pearl Recovery Retreat and Wellness, our team of trained nurses, chefs, and other staff can help you get the most private and expert care possible.
Call Pearl Wellness for a Quote
The breast lift recovery tips in this article are helpful, but they aren’t tailored to your unique body type and breast lift surgery recovery time. At Pearl Wellness, we design each post breast lift care plan based on your unique needs and the advice of your surgeon. Whether you are receiving a breast lift, combination breast lift and breast augmentation, or any other kind of cosmetic or medically necessary surgery, we design a care regimen that’s right for you.
Go beyond the basic breast lift recovery tips. Contact us today for your personalized quote!