Tummy Tuck Recovery: What Should I Eat
After you get your tummy tuck, you’re probably excited to see the results and anxious to get through the recovery process. It’s a great feeling, but remember you don’t want to rush your tummy tuck recovery. You also want to make sure you’re eating the right foods and avoiding certain others to make sure the recovery process goes as smoothly as possible. Today in the Pearl Recovery Retreat & Wellness blog, we’ll talk about what you should eat during your tummy tuck recovery.
Foods You Should Eat During Your Recovery
During tummy tuck recovery, it’s important to realize that you don’t need to go on a diet or anything. You simply need to eat healthy, body-nourishing foods to get your body back to optimum health. Here are some foods we recommend:
- Water – This isn’t technically a food, but it’s extremely important that you’re staying hydrated during your recovery. Drinking plenty of water will help your body heal and recover.
- Get Your Vitamins – Your body will need lots of vitamins since it’s in a weak state during the tummy tuck recovery process. Veggies, fruits, and even vitamin supplements can help give your body the boost it needs.
- Protein-Rich Foods – Your body also needs protein during tummy tuck recovery. Protein gives your body the energy it needs to heal. Lean meats, eggs, and other dairy products can help you meet your protein needs.
Of course, your surgeon will likely make some suggestions of their own. Remember, anything your surgeon says goes, their plan for your tummy tuck recovery is what’s best for your unique needs.
Foods You Shouldn’t Eat During Your Recovery
There are also foods that you should avoid during tummy tuck recovery. Overindulging in certain foods could cause you some discomfort and slow the tummy tuck recovery process. For the time being, avoid things like:
- Foods High in Sugar – Sugary treats should be avoided at this time. They don’t offer much in the way of nutrition.
- Foods High in Sodium – Sodium rich foods should also be avoided if possible, to avoid bloat.
- Alcohol – Alcohol can inhibit your recovery process, so it’s best to avoid it for awhile.
Tummy Tuck Recovery at Pearl Recovery Retreat & Wellness
After your tummy tuck procedure, you deserve to restfully recover in luxury and tranquility. At Pearl Recovery Retreat & Wellness, we specialize in discreet surgery recovery. Contact us today for more information or to reserve your stay.