Preparing for Your Surgery Recovery
At Pearl Recovery Retreat, our highest priority is your stress-free surgery recovery. Preparing for your procedure is one of the most important steps you can take to ensure your recovery is free of unwanted complications.
Our staff will assist you through this process by conferring with both you and your doctor’s office to customize your surgery recovery plan. We will coordinate with you and your doctor regarding your procedure, pain management, dressing changes, length of stay, pick-up time and follow-up appointments. We also request you complete our Patient History Form and visit our Patient Resources page so we can learn your preferences and needs in advance of your arrival.
If you are visiting us from out of town, please make sure you have arranged for transportation from the airport to your surgery location, as well as post-recovery transportation from Pearl Recovery Retreat to the airport. If you prefer, you may ask our concierge to arrange for car service. Should you need to park your car, the SLS Hotel offers valet service for a fee.
Luxury Surgical Recovery Room Reservation Options
No two surgery recoveries are the same, and in that spirit, we offer a number of surgery recovery rooms to suit our patients’ preferences:
- Pre-Operative Bliss Room: Stay with us at a discounted rate before your surgery to ensure you arrive for your procedure fully relaxed. We will transport you to and from your surgery location, eliminating the stress of travel and traffic as well as eliminating considerations about where to park your car.
- Classic Bliss Room: A spacious surgery recovery room.
- Deluxe Bliss Suite: A larger surgery recovery suite with separate working and dining areas.
Prior to your procedure, your surgeon will give you detailed pre-operative and post-operative instructions. You should read these instructions carefully and share them with Pearl Recovery Retreat staff. These instructions will help prepare us to accommodate your surgery recovery needs during your stay at Pearl.
If you have any special dietary needs, including a soft food diet, kosher, halal, vegetarian or vegan, please advise us so we can prepare a customized menu for your stay.
Current Medications and Supplements
If you are currently taking any medications, including over-the-counter medicines, herbal supplements, and vitamins, advise your doctor. Your doctor will complete a Post-Operative Instruction Order Sheet prior to surgery advising Pearl Recovery Retreat staff how to manage your recovery after surgery. All medications, including current medications and supplements not related to your surgery, must be included on the Order Sheet. Bring this sheet, as well as your medications, to Pearl following your procedure. Our expert nurses will handle the rest.
Post Surgery Prescriptions
We encourage you to fill your necessary prescriptions before surgery in order to ensure your immediate comfort during the post-surgery phase. Ask your surgeon what prescriptions you will need, including pain and nausea medications. Arrangements can also be made with our Preferred Network Pharmacies for any other prescriptions you may need post surgery.
Packing for a Comfortable Surgery Recovery
During your pre-operative appointment, ask your surgeon if he/she recommends purchasing any surgical garments for your recovery. If so, you may purchase them in advance and bring them with you to Pearl Recovery Retreat, or purchase them from us during your stay.
We also advise you to pack clothing, toiletries and other necessities for your comfort as follows:
- Guests undergoing facial or neck surgery are advised to bring nightgowns with large openings for the head and neck area, as well as button-up pajamas. These clothing items will not disturb your head dressings.
- Guests undergoing breast or abdominal surgery are advised to wear a loose-fitting nightgown or nightshirt with a front opening; this allows our nurses to closely monitor drains and promotes your comfort and relaxation.
- Female guests may wish to bring headscarves or large floppy hats for privacy while being transported to and from follow-up appointments.
- Guests are advised to bring a child-size toothbrush and a zip-up track or jogging suit.
- Guests are encouraged to bring additional comfortable clothes, a laptop, laptop charger, cellphone, cellphone charger, and other electronics for entertainment.
Post-Operative Doctor’s Appointments and Follow-Ups
Your doctor will most likely schedule your post-operative appointment during your pre-operative appointment. If you prefer, you may call us with this information so we can arrange private transportation for you to and from your follow-up appointment.
Prepare for Your Surgery with Pearl Recovery Retreat Today
The first step to your stress-free recovery at our lavish wellness center is to make your reservation at Pearl Recovery Retreat today. We promise a serene escape from the stress of daily life so you can return home rested and refreshed. To request a reservation at Pearl Recovery Retreat and Wellness, call us at (310) 736-1009 or contact us through our web inquiry form.
Next, learn more about what to expect During Your Stay.